Sunday, April 5, 2009

Thankful

Colossians 1:3-6, 9-14

3 We always pray for you, and we give thanks to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. 4 For we have heard of your faith in Christ Jesus and your love for all of God’s people, 5 which come from your confident hope of what God has reserved for you in heaven. You have had this expectation ever since you first heard the truth of the Good News.

6 This same Good News that came to you is going out all over the world. It is bearing fruit everywhere by changing lives, just as it changed your lives from the day you first heard and understood the truth about God’s wonderful grace.

9 So we have not stopped praying for you since we first heard about you. We ask God to give you complete knowledge of his will and to give you spiritual wisdom and understanding. 10 Then the way you live will always honor and please the Lord, and your lives will produce every kind of good fruit. All the while, you will grow as you learn to know God better and better.

11 We also pray that you will be strengthened with all his glorious power so you will have all the endurance and patience you need. May you be filled with joy, 12 always thanking the Father. He has enabled you to share in the inheritance that belongs to his people, who live in the light. 13 For he has rescued us from the kingdom of darkness and transferred us into the Kingdom of his dear Son, 14 who purchased our freedom and forgave our sins.

This is my prayer for all who believe in Jesus Christ today and what He has completed for them on the cross so they might enjoy everlasting life in heaven with Him. I am so thankful for having faith in Him and for being a part of a church body that teaches the Word. Not only do we get the Word preached to us but we get it in a way that brings meat and potatoes to our lives when most preachers want to give you the appetizers that don't fill your soul. Our pastors reveal things to us through the Holy Spirit about how the Word can help us on our walk with the Lord on a daily basis. We get exposed to many different pastors from all over the country and they put deposits into our spiritual accounts that can't be measured except through the fruit that abounds when we apply that which we have learned.

I am so grateful that God cares enough about me to have sought me out before I even knew Him. He loved me enough to create me in a way so that the gifts He has given me can be used to reach others and they might know of His saving grace. Praise God!

Father I love You and look forward to spending time with You each day. I learn more from Your Word each day and love to share the insights You give to me about Your Word and how I can apply it to my life. Thank You for loving me and thinking of me when Jesus died on the cross for my sins. I confess those sins to You now and claim Your forgiveness through Jesus Christ's shed blood for me. I thank You that I can approach You and talk directly to You. I praise You today and want to see You exalted in everything I do. Amen.

Numbers 6:24-26 (AMP)

The Lord bless you and watch, guard, and keep you; The Lord make His face to shine upon and enlighten you and be gracious (kind, merciful, and giving favor) to you; The Lord lift up His [approving] countenance upon you and give you peace (tranquility of heart and life continually).

Published by Erik L. Vakula
Daily Bread From the Word
Copyright © 2009 Erik Vakula, All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment