Sunday, May 17, 2009

Where is Your Confidence?

Psalm 108:1-5, 12-13

1 My heart is confident in you, O God;
no wonder I can sing your praises with all my heart!
2 Wake up, lyre and harp!
I will wake the dawn with my song.
3 I will thank you, Lord, among all the people.
I will sing your praises among the nations.
4 For your unfailing love is higher than the heavens.
Your faithfulness reaches to the clouds.
5 Be exalted, O God, above the highest heavens.
May your glory shine over all the earth.

12 Oh, please help us against our enemies,
for all human help is useless.
13 With God’s help we will do mighty things,
for he will trample down our foes.

What should my confidence or my faith be in these days? Should I rely on the stock market for my future? Should I have faith in the housing market for success? Should I rely on collection accounts to provide for my family? The answer to the first question is apparent in verse 1. The answer to the other three questions is...see the answer to the first question. My confidence, my faith, my reliance is on God and His Word and His direction for me. When I am following God's plans for me I wake up in the morning and sing His praises. What better way to live my life is there?

I "wake up" my music on my computer while I work that is praise and worship music. Sometimes I listen to a teaching series. I focus my energies on following Him throughout the day and rely on His wisdom and guidance to carry on my activities. When I try to rely on myself or have confidence is others I am often let down and disappointed. God never lets me down and never leaves me feeling unsatisfied.

I do thank You Lord for all that You have done for me, to me and through me. Your work is not yet complete within me and I will only become perfect in You when I see You face to face. I should just walk around with a big orange sign that says "Work in Progress" or "Construction Zone" because I will not be finished with what God is doing in me or through me until I am in His presence.

God's love is higher than anything we can experience here on earth. His love endures all things and covers all my sins with the expression of Jesus' sacrifice and His shed blood. Why wouldn't I want to follow His leading and His directions? Why would I put more confidence in what I can see than what is unseen with natural eyes but witnessed very clearly within my spirit? My answer is that only in Jesus and His shed blood can I see clearly what God has for me and what He says about me and what He will do for me. It's all written down in His Word for me to seek out and find.

Verse 12 confims what I just talked about. All human help is useless. I would add unreliable, deceitful, unrepentent, selfish, sinful, corrupt and greedy to the list. We do get things accomplished, but only with the help of God to we really see positive results. He does get His work accomplished on this world through us, but not because we are so great or so skilled. He does use our skills and talents He put into us to His advantage, if we submit to His leading. Praise God!

Father I thank You that You cared for me enough to die on the cross for me. I thank You that You care enough about me to lead me and guide me throughout my day. I praise Your name forever and ever! Amen.


Numbers 6:24-26 (AMP)

The Lord bless you and watch, guard, and keep you; The Lord make His face to shine upon and enlighten you and be gracious (kind, merciful, and giving favor) to you; The Lord lift up His [approving] countenance upon you and give you peace (tranquility of heart and life continually).

Published by Erik L. Vakula
Daily Bread From the Word
Copyright © 2009 Erik Vakula, All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment