Friday, January 9, 2009

Following God's Directions

Ezra 5:1-5

1 At that time the prophets Haggai and Zechariah son of Iddo prophesied to the Jews in Judah and Jerusalem. They prophesied in the name of the God of Israel who was over them. 2 Zerubbabel son of Shealtiel and Jeshua son of Jehozadak responded by starting again to rebuild the Temple of God in Jerusalem. And the prophets of God were with them and helped them.

3 But Tattenai, governor of the province west of the Euphrates River, and Shethar-bozenai and their colleagues soon arrived in Jerusalem and asked, “Who gave you permission to rebuild this Temple and restore this structure?” 4 They also asked for the names of all the men working on the Temple. 5 But because their God was watching over them, the leaders of the Jews were not prevented from building until a report was sent to Darius and he returned his decision.

Following the Lord's directions will come up against resistence from the enemy. The devil will try anything and everything to disrupt, delay, damage or destroy the plans of God for His people and will use any tactics or use any people willing to listen to him. The Word tells us that the devil's working to steal, kill and destroy. Thank God that Jesus came so that we could have life and have it in abundance until it overflows!

John 10:10 (AMP)

10The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows).

Praise God! I am so thankful that He came and died for me on the cross. He came to give me life. Not just being alive, but life as God has it. In abundance, to the full, till it overflows! God is a God of overflow. Let me show you what I am talking about.

Psalm 23:5
5 You prepare a feast for me
in the presence of my enemies.
You honor me by anointing my head with oil.
My cup overflows with blessings.

Malachi 3:10-12

10 Bring all the tithes into the storehouse so there will be enough food in my Temple. If you do,” says the Lord of Heaven’s Armies, “I will open the windows of heaven for you. I will pour out a blessing so great you won’t have enough room to take it in! Try it! Put me to the test! 11 Your crops will be abundant, for I will guard them from insects and disease. Your grapes will not fall from the vine before they are ripe,” says the Lord of Heaven’s Armies. 12 “Then all nations will call you blessed, for your land will be such a delight,” says the Lord of Heaven’s Armies.

Matthew 13:8

8 Still other seeds fell on fertile soil, and they produced a crop that was thirty, sixty, and even a hundred times as much as had been planted!

Matthew 14:17-21

17 “But we have only five loaves of bread and two fish!” they answered.

18 “Bring them here,” he said. 19 Then he told the people to sit down on the grass. Jesus took the five loaves and two fish, looked up toward heaven, and blessed them. Then, breaking the loaves into pieces, he gave the bread to the disciples, who distributed it to the people. 20 They all ate as much as they wanted, and afterward, the disciples picked up twelve baskets of leftovers. 21 About 5,000 men were fed that day, in addition to all the women and children!

Luke 5:4-7

4 When he had finished speaking, he said to Simon, “Now go out where it is deeper, and let down your nets to catch some fish.”

5 “Master,” Simon replied, “we worked hard all last night and didn’t catch a thing. But if you say so, I’ll let the nets down again.” 6 And this time their nets were so full of fish they began to tear! 7 A shout for help brought their partners in the other boat, and soon both boats were filled with fish and on the verge of sinking.

Now that is a God who brings life in abundance, to the full until it overflows! What an awesome God we serve!Father I thank You that You are my God and that You care for me. I thank You that You are not a God of just enough to get by or of lack, but You are a God of abundance. You have given me life in abundance to the full until it overflows! I praise Your name forever! Amen.

Published by Erik L. Vakula
Daily Bread From the Word

Copyright © 2009 Erik Vakula, All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment