Friday, January 30, 2009

I Love My Wife

Song of Solomon 6:2-12

Young Woman

2 My lover has gone down to his garden,
to his spice beds,
to browse in the gardens
and gather the lilies.
3 I am my lover’s, and my lover is mine.
He browses among the lilies.

Young Man

4 You are beautiful, my darling,
like the lovely city of Tirzah.
Yes, as beautiful as Jerusalem,
as majestic as an army with billowing banners.
5 Turn your eyes away,
for they overpower me.
Your hair falls in waves,
like a flock of goats winding down the slopes of Gilead.
6 Your teeth are as white as sheep
that are freshly washed.
Your smile is flawless,
each tooth matched with its twin.
7 Your cheeks are like rosy pomegranates
behind your veil.
8 Even among sixty queens
and eighty concubines
and countless young women,
9 I would still choose my dove, my perfect one—
the favorite of her mother,
dearly loved by the one who bore her.
The young women see her and praise her;
even queens and royal concubines sing her praises:
10 “Who is this, arising like the dawn,
as fair as the moon,
as bright as the sun,
as majestic as an army with billowing banners?”

11 I went down to the grove of walnut trees
and out to the valley to see the new spring growth,
to see whether the grapevines had budded
or the pomegranates were in bloom.
12 Before I realized it,
I found myself in the royal chariot with my beloved.

I love the passion in each of their set of verses. They are obviously in total love with each other. If I were to describe my wife to someone would I use terms like this, probably not. I don't think a flock of goats winding down a mountain slope is an attractive analogy. I am not too sure about the use of sheep or pomegranates as an indication of the sensuousness of my wife's features either. I do like this part, "Even among sixty queens and eighty concubines and countless young women, I would still choose my dove, my perfect one". Thank God I don't have to try and keep up with at least 140 women. I struggle often times trying to keep up with one.

I am truly grateful for the one that God has given to me. She is everything that I could ever want as my partner in this life. She is strong in areas where I am not and I am strong in areas that she is not. We work together all day every day and have done that for the past 5-1/2 years. This has only enhanced our marriage and made it even stronger. We truly are working as a team together and our success or failure is dependant upon both of us working together. If we don't we fail. If we do we succeed. Praise God that we have also involved the Lord since the beginning of our marriage and our business. With the Lord on our side we can't fail as long as we don't quit.

There have been a number of times in our business endeavors that we have thought about quitting or giving up. I am so thankful that we haven't and won't. We are getting ready for a great expansion of our businesses and are starting even more businesses to come along side of what we are currently doing to enhance our services. God is preparing us for the harvest of all the seed sown. We have big plans for how that money will flow into Kingdom work here on earth. Thousands of souls will be won and lives will be changed. PRAISE GOD!!!

Lord, I am thankful for my wife. There is no woman on earth who can compare to the beauty she possesses. She is the one you made for me and I am grateful for that. She is a great wife, an awesome mother, a diligent worker, a priceless jewel that you have made in your image and likeness. I see Your love flow through her many times a day and it takes my breath away. I thank You that You have called us and anointed us to work together in a way that the world has not seen before and all the glory will go to You. I praise You and honor You today. Amen.

Published by Erik L. Vakula
Daily Bread From the Word
Copyright © 2009 Erik Vakula, All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment