Monday, March 23, 2009

The Mysterious Plan Revealed

Ephesians 3:6-12

6 And this is God’s plan: Both Gentiles and Jews who believe the Good News share equally in the riches inherited by God’s children. Both are part of the same body, and both enjoy the promise of blessings because they belong to Christ Jesus. 7 By God’s grace and mighty power, I have been given the privilege of serving him by spreading this Good News.

8 Though I am the least deserving of all God’s people, he graciously gave me the privilege of telling the Gentiles about the endless treasures available to them in Christ. 9 I was chosen to explain to everyone this mysterious plan that God, the Creator of all things, had kept secret from the beginning.

10 God’s purpose in all this was to use the church to display his wisdom in its rich variety to all the unseen rulers and authorities in the heavenly places. 11 This was his eternal plan, which he carried out through Christ Jesus our Lord.

12 Because of Christ and our faith in him, we can now come boldly and confidently into God’s presence.

I love verse 6! Because God revealed His plan to us through Jesus and because I have accepted that plan I get an equal share of God's riches and blessing. Praise God! I concur with Paul's account of feeling privileged to be serving Him by being able to tell others about the Good News of Jesus.

Verse 10 really speaks volumes as to what the purpose of the church is and why I think the church as a whole is not as effective as it should be. The church battles the unseen rulers and authorities in the heavenly realms by effectively doing verse 7. If the church would be more evengelistic in its role in the communities in which they are placed then there would be more of an effect overall. It has been said that 95% of the body of Christ will never lead anyone to a relationship with the Lord. That is a sad commentary on what the church should be doing. I am so thankful that I go to a church that does share the Good News with people on a consistent basis. Our church is approaching 1,000,000 souls being led to the Lord through street evangelism since 1986. PRAISE GOD FOREVER! That is an impact of eternal proportions. I am glad to say that I have prayed with over 50 people myself and my son, who was 6 at the time, has prayed with 9 kids to receive Jesus. We are proud of what Jesus has done in our lives and want to share it with others.

I am borrowing this from a friend and it can be used by anyone.

“God in Heaven, I know I’m a sinner and I need Your help. I believe in my heart that Jesus Christ is Your Son, that He died on the cross for my sins and God raised Him from the dead. Jesus, right now I open my heart and invite You to come in. Make Yourself real to me. Take control of my life. Keep me from evil and make me the person You want me to be. Be my Lord and Saviour.”

This is the extent of what you need to pray with someone to accept Jesus. If you pray and ask for opportunities He will provide them to you. I love how Paul finishes this chapter and will leave you with this:

Ephesians 3:20-21

20 Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. 21 Glory to him in the church and in Christ Jesus through all generations forever and ever! Amen.

Numbers 6:24-26 (AMP)

The Lord bless you and watch, guard, and keep you; The Lord make His face to shine upon and enlighten you and be gracious (kind, merciful, and giving favor) to you; The Lord lift up His [approving] countenance upon you and give you peace (tranquility of heart and life continually).

Published by Erik L. Vakula
Daily Bread From the Word
Copyright © 2009 Erik Vakula, All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment