Monday, March 2, 2009

The Tither’s Bill of Rights

Malachi 3:8-12

8 “Should people cheat God? Yet you have cheated me!

“But you ask, ‘What do you mean? When did we ever cheat you?’

“You have cheated me of the tithes and offerings due to me. 9 You are under a curse, for your whole nation has been cheating me. 10 Bring all the tithes into the storehouse so there will be enough food in my Temple. If you do,” says the Lord of Heaven’s Armies, “I will open the windows of heaven for you. I will pour out a blessing so great you won’t have enough room to take it in! Try it! Put me to the test! 11 Your crops will be abundant, for I will guard them from insects and disease. Your grapes will not fall from the vine before they are ripe,” says the Lord of Heaven’s Armies. 12 “Then all nations will call you blessed, for your land will be such a delight,” says the Lord of Heaven’s Armies.

My pastor spoke about this yesterday at church. This message was right on and was what I needed to hear. I thank him for preaching that message to just me. My wife and I have been tithing for over 13 years. We have known about the mandate in the Word to be a tither and a sower of seed. We have been faithful to God's Word, but have never known the rights we have in the Word as tithers. This message was timely and welcomed for both of us.

My first right as a tither is that Divine opportunities ("I will open the windows of heaven for you.") will present themselves to me. My role is to see them and seize them when they are made available.

My second right as a tither is Divine empowerment (enablement) ("I will pour out a blessing"). This right gives me access to God's super on my natural to fulfill His plan for me.

My third right as a tither is Divine increase ("I will pour out a blessing so great you won’t have enough room to take it in"). The Lord will make sure that my needs are met on a daily basis. I know this to be true. Since we started tithing we have never been in need of anything.

My fourth right as a tither is Divine seed to sow ("I will pour out a blessing so great you won’t have enough room to take it in"). After all my needs are met God will make sure that I have seed to sow into the preaching of the Gospel. This is where I have access to the thirty, sixty and hundred fold return on that seed. That just means more seed to sow and so on.

My fifth right as a tither is Divine protection ("Your crops will be abundant, for I will guard them from insects and disease."). This right does not give me the free pass to not be aware of what is going on around me. This right protects me from the sneak attacks of the enemy that I did not see coming. Basically put, God's got my back.

My sixth right as a tither is Divine fruit production ("Your grapes will not fall from the vine before they are ripe"). This right insures that the fruit of the spirit will be evident in my life.

Galatians 5:22-23

22 But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!

These rights I have are an awesome gift from God for being obedient to His Word. I do know this, God is faithful to His Word and His Word is true! Praise God forever!


Numbers 6:24-26 (AMP)

The Lord bless you and watch, guard, and keep you; The Lord make His face to shine upon and enlighten you and be gracious (kind, merciful, and giving favor) to you; The Lord lift up His [approving] countenance upon you and give you peace (tranquility of heart and life continually).

Published by Erik L. Vakula
Daily Bread From the Word
Copyright © 2009 Erik Vakula, All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment