Monday, February 23, 2009

I Can Hear the Voice Behind the Word

1 Corinthians 4:20 (AMP)

20 For the kingdom of God consists of and is based on not talk but power (moral power and excellence of soul).

1 Corinthians 2:4-5 (AMP)

4 And my language and my message were not set forth in persuasive (enticing and plausible) words of wisdom, but they were in demonstration of the [Holy] Spirit and power [a proof by the Spirit and power of God, operating on me and stirring in the minds of my hearers the most holy emotions and thus persuading them],

5 So that your faith might not rest in the wisdom of men (human philosophy), but in the power of God.

Luke 10:19 (AMP)

19 Behold! I have given you authority and power to trample upon serpents and scorpions, and [physical and mental strength and ability] over all the power that the enemy [possesses]; and nothing shall in any way harm you.

John 1:12 (AMP)

12 But to as many as did receive and welcome Him, He gave the authority (power, privilege, right) to become the children of God, that is, to those who believe in (adhere to, trust in, and rely on) His name

Matthew 21:12-16 (AMP)

12 And Jesus went into the temple (whole temple enclosure) and drove out all who bought and sold in the sacred place, and He turned over the four-footed tables of the money changers and the chairs of those who sold doves.

13 He said to them, The Scripture says, My house shall be called a house of prayer; but you have made it a den of robbers.

14 And the blind and the lame came to Him in the porches and courts of the temple, and He cured them.

15 But when the chief priests and the scribes saw the wonderful things that He did and the boys and the girls and the youths and the maidens crying out in the porches and courts of the temple, Hosanna (O be propitious, graciously inclined) to the Son of David! they were indignant.

16 And they said to Him, Do You hear what these are saying? And Jesus replied to them, Yes; have you never read, Out of the mouths of babes and unweaned infants You have made (provided) perfect praise?

Isaiah 55:1-6 (AMP)

1 WAIT and listen, everyone who is thirsty! Come to the waters; and he who has no money, come, buy and eat! Yes, come, buy [priceless, spiritual] wine and milk without money and without price [simply for the self-surrender that accepts the blessing].

2 Why do you spend your money for that which is not bread, and your earnings for what does not satisfy? Hearken diligently to Me, and eat what is good, and let your soul delight itself in fatness [the profuseness of spiritual joy].

3 Incline your ear [submit and consent to the divine will] and come to Me; hear, and your soul will revive; and I will make an everlasting covenant or league with you, even the sure mercy (kindness, goodwill, and compassion) promised to David.

4 Behold, I have appointed him (Him) [David, as a representative of the Messiah, or the Messiah Himself] to be a witness [one (One) who shall testify of salvation] to the nations, a prince (Prince) and commander (Commander) to the peoples.

5 Behold, you [Israel] shall call nations that you know not, and nations that do not know you shall run to you because of the Lord your God, and of the Holy One of Israel, for He has glorified you.

6 Seek, inquire for, and require the Lord while He may be found [claiming Him by necessity and by right]; call upon Him while He is near.

Romans 10:17 (AMP)

17 So faith comes by hearing [what is told], and what is heard comes by the preaching [of the message that came from the lips] of Christ (the Messiah Himself).

Psalm 29:4 (AMP)

4 The voice of the Lord is powerful; the voice of the Lord is full of majesty.

Acts 22:6-9 (AMP)

6 But as I was on my journey and approached Damascus, about noon a great blaze of light flashed suddenly from heaven and shone about me.

7 And I fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to me, Saul, Saul, why do you persecute Me [harass and trouble and molest Me]?

8 And I replied, Who are You, Lord? And He said to me, I am Jesus the Nazarene, Whom you are persecuting.

9 Now the men who were with me saw the light, but they did not hear [the sound of the uttered words of] the voice of the One Who was speaking to me [so that they could understand it].

Daniel 11:32 (AMP)

32 And such as violate the covenant he shall pervert and seduce with flatteries, but the people who know their God shall prove themselves strong and shall stand firm and do exploits [for God].

John 10:4 (AMP)

4 When he has brought his own sheep outside, he walks on before them, and the sheep follow him because they know his voice.

John 5:30 (AMP)

30 I am able to do nothing from Myself [independently, of My own accord--but only as I am taught by God and as I get His orders]. Even as I hear, I judge [I decide as I am bidden to decide. As the voice comes to Me, so I give a decision], and My judgment is right (just, righteous), because I do not seek or consult My own will [I have no desire to do what is pleasing to Myself, My own aim, My own purpose] but only the will and pleasure of the Father Who sent Me.

Did you hear the Voice behind the Word? What an amazing set of scriptures! What is even more amazing is hearing the voice behind them. When God speaks to us and we actually hear what He is saying we will do what these scriptures say. We will go when He says go, stay when He says stay, buy when He says buy and sell when He says sell. We will be in the right place at the right time to do the right thing and it will be because we have heard His voice.

Did you hear the Voice behind the Word? I love the verses in Isaiah. What an awesome picture for us to ascend to. The verses in Romans and Psalms just give more power to them. The verses in Acts are very revealing. Did you notice that all the people on the road to Damascus saw the light but only Saul heard the voice behind the light? Such is the same today with the Word. Many people can read the scriptures, but how many have heard the voice behind them? More importantly that just hearing the voice behind them is to be obedient to that voice. How do I know? I will tell you.

Did you hear the Voice behind the Word? I have and will continue to hear the voice behind the scriptures. In 2002 I was laid off from what I considered to be an ideal job for me. I was an AutoCAD technician at an architectural firm workin in the healthcare division. When it happened I was going to get my resume together and start sending them out. During a church meeting the Lord told me to not send out my resume, to press into Him through His Word and He would give me the desires of my heart. What exactly that meant I didn't know at the time. So each day I would spend 3-4 hours in His Word and would work on projects around the house. A month an a half into this a friend sent me an email and asked that I call her friend to help him with his business. He wasn't familiar with computers and needed some assistance.

Did you hear the Voice behind the Word? I called her friend and decided to assist him with his project. The second day I was there I was sitting in his office and the Lord told me, "Learn how to run this business so I can call the other man to what I have planned for him". I said OK and proceeded to work side by side with him for the next year. Shortly after that my wife gave birth to our daughter and she spent the summer at home with the kids and loved it. She told me at the end of that time that she was giving me a year to figure out how she could stay at home with the kids at least part time. At that time my wife was making two to three time what I was. She was in sales and was very good at what she did.

Did you hear the Voice behind the Word? Exactly one year after I started to help this man with his business we had agreed to purchase it from him and had our first day as our business. I had never anticipated owning my own business, let alone one in the area of collections. I later figured out that when the Lord told me about giving me the desire of my heart that it meant my desire was for a better marriage with my wife, not to run a business. Working together with her each day has been the best thing for our marriage. I have taken my role as king and she is in her role as queen. We work well together and compliment each others strengths and weaknesses. Not only has our marriage increased and prospered, but the rest of our life has as well.

Did you hear the Voice behind the Word? I have heard the voice behind these scriptures and can tell you that when I follow that voice and do what He says to do I will always come out better than I did before I heard His voice. I will continue to listen to His voice and will strive to be obedient to His instructions to me. I can't wait to hear how He speaks to you and how you follow His plans for your life. Please let me know how it turns out. I know it will be great.

Numbers 6:24-26 (AMP)

The Lord bless you and watch, guard, and keep you; The Lord make His face to shine upon and enlighten you and be gracious (kind, merciful, and giving favor) to you; The Lord lift up His [approving] countenance upon you and give you peace (tranquility of heart and life continually).

Published by Erik L. Vakula
Daily Bread From the Word
Copyright © 2009 Erik Vakula, All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment