Friday, February 20, 2009

I Will Not Lack Anything

Psalm 33:18-19

18 But the Lord watches over those who fear him,
those who rely on his unfailing love.
19 He rescues them from death
and keeps them alive in times of famine.

Psalm 37:18-19

18 Day by day the Lord takes care of the innocent,
and they will receive an inheritance that lasts forever.
19 They will not be disgraced in hard times;
even in famine they will have more than enough.

Psalm 34:10

10 Even strong young lions sometimes go hungry,
but those who trust in the Lord will lack no good thing.

Deuteronomy 2:7

7 For the Lord your God has blessed you in everything you have done. He has watched your every step through this great wilderness. During these forty years, the Lord your God has been with you, and you have lacked nothing.

These scriptures are so awesome! I don't understand why it takes me so long sometimes to grasp the concept that God will not forsake me. I have had an understanding that God was always there to make sure I didn't lack for anything, but to see it in black and white and know that if it's in His Word that it is the truth is a much better place to be. I no longer have to struggle with any vain imaginations that the devil may try to put into my mind about what is going to happen or could happen. God's Word is clear and that settles all disputes. I will not lack for anything at any point in time in my life.

What is encouraging to me is the verse in Deuteronomy where this is speaking about the children of Israel during their walk in the desert for forty years. With all that they did wrong, the whining, complaining, idol worshipping, etc., God still made sure that His children were taken care of. They had bread and meat to eat each day and their clothes never wore out. How many people can say that God did that for them for 40 years? I can. God will take care of me. If He did it in the Bible then He will do it for me. I no longer have to have any discussions about lack or insufficiency because God's Word says that I will be taken care of. This does not mean that I don't have to do anything for 40 years. I will actually do more than is necessary so that I can work from any area of perceived lack into the area of more than enough. That is also the God that I serve. He will take what seems to be lack and turn it into more than enough. Don't believe me? Read it here.

John 6:1-14

1 After this, Jesus crossed over to the far side of the Sea of Galilee, also known as the Sea of Tiberias. 2 A huge crowd kept following him wherever he went, because they saw his miraculous signs as he healed the sick. 3 Then Jesus climbed a hill and sat down with his disciples around him. 4 (It was nearly time for the Jewish Passover celebration.) 5 Jesus soon saw a huge crowd of people coming to look for him. Turning to Philip, he asked, “Where can we buy bread to feed all these people?” 6 He was testing Philip, for he already knew what he was going to do.

7 Philip replied, “Even if we worked for months, we wouldn’t have enough money to feed them!”

8 Then Andrew, Simon Peter’s brother, spoke up. 9 “There’s a young boy here with five barley loaves and two fish. But what good is that with this huge crowd?”

10 “Tell everyone to sit down,” Jesus said. So they all sat down on the grassy slopes. (The men alone numbered about 5,000.) 11 Then Jesus took the loaves, gave thanks to God, and distributed them to the people. Afterward he did the same with the fish. And they all ate as much as they wanted. 12 After everyone was full, Jesus told his disciples, “Now gather the leftovers, so that nothing is wasted.” 13 So they picked up the pieces and filled twelve baskets with scraps left by the people who had eaten from the five barley loaves.

What you need to understand here is that these baskets they used to pick up the left overs was big enough to fit an adult man inside. Here this young boy had a snack of fish and bread and came home with 12 baskets full of leftovers! This is after feeding at least 5,000 men and who knows how many women and children. Praise God! That is the God that I serve. What an awesome God He is.

Heavenly Father I thank You that You do what Your Word says. You are faithful to make sure that we will lack for nothing but that what little we may have You can turn into more than enough. I praise You for Your Word and that You are true to Your Word. If You have done it in the past You will do it again. I will not lack for anything another day in my life. You do supply all my needs according to Your riches in glory through Christ Jesus. I thank You and praise You today for the supply You have given to me. May what You have entrusted to me be used for Your Kingdom and for Your glory and honor. Amen.

Numbers 6:24-26 (AMP)

The Lord bless you and watch, guard, and keep you; The Lord make His face to shine upon and enlighten you and be gracious (kind, merciful, and giving favor) to you; The Lord lift up His [approving] countenance upon you and give you peace (tranquility of heart and life continually).

Published by Erik L. Vakula
Daily Bread From the Word
Copyright © 2009 Erik Vakula, All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment