Thursday, February 19, 2009

No Fear Here

Philippians 1:28 (AMP)

28 And do not [for a moment] be frightened or intimidated in anything by your opponents and adversaries, for such [constancy and fearlessness] will be a clear sign (proof and seal) to them of [their impending] destruction, but [a sure token and evidence] of your deliverance and salvation, and that from God.

Philippians 1:28 (NLT)

28 Don’t be intimidated in any way by your enemies. This will be a sign to them that they are going to be destroyed, but that you are going to be saved, even by God himself.

Philippians 1:27b-28 (Message)

Stand united, singular in vision, contending for people's trust in the Message, the good news, not flinching or dodging in the slightest before the opposition. Your courage and unity will show them what they're up against: defeat for them, victory for you—and both because of God.

I was exposed to this verse last night by Dr. Creflo A. Dollar, who was preaching for our stewardship campaign. I was struck with the voice that spoke through the scripture as I meditated on it (it wasn't Dr. Dollar's either). God was revealing Himself to me yet again. I must not have fear in me about anything. I must not be afraid of anything. Fear is a paralyzing agent for the plans of God for my life. When I fear something or am afraid of something I put limits on God for what He can do in my life. When I show fear or give in to fear I give the devil access to my life and that situation.

Romans 10:17 (NLT)

17 So faith comes from hearing, that is, hearing the Good News about Christ.

If that is the way faith comes into my life, then it must be the same way fear comes into my life. If I listen to what is contrary to the Word of God then that is where fear will also come into my life. Fear is a tool of the enemy to keep us from completing the tasks God has for us and for keeping us from the Blessing. The enemy knows what can happen when the Blessing is in full operation in our lives and will do anything to keep us from getting to that point. This is why the verse in Philippians is so much needed to be a part of our everyday lives. When there is not fear the devil can't operate. Faith is the activator for God to move on our behalf and fear is the same for the devil. When fear tries to come upon me I must not be swayed by it. I must turn to the Word and see what the Word says about that situation or what the Word says about me and focus on that Word.

Fear is not OK. Fear is not welcome in my life. Fear will not have foothold in my mind or my spirit. Fear is not an option for me. Faith is the way. Faith is welcomed in my life. Faith will dominate my life and walk in this world. Faith is my only option. Anything other than faith is not OK. I am what the word says I am. I can have what the Word says I can have. I will be what the Word says I will be. I can do what the Word says I can do.

Philippians 4:19 (AMP)

19 Any my God will liberally supply (fill to the full) your every need according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.

Romans 3:25-27 (AMP)

25 Whom God put forward [before the eyes of all] as a mercy seat and propitiation by His blood [the cleansing and life-giving sacrifice of atonement and reconciliation, to be received] through faith. This was to show God's righteousness, because in His divine forbearance He had passed over and ignored former sins without punishment.

26 It was to demonstrate and prove at the present time (in the now season) that He Himself is righteous and that He justifies and accepts as righteous him who has [true] faith in Jesus.

27 Then what becomes of [our] pride and [our] boasting? It is excluded (banished, ruled out entirely). On what principle? [On the principle] of doing good deeds? No, but on the principle of faith.

Isaiah 53:5 (AMP)

5 But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our guilt and iniquities; the chastisement [needful to obtain] peace and well-being for us was upon Him, and with the stripes [that wounded] Him we are healed and made whole.

So faith comes from hearing, that is, hearing the Good News about Christ. What are you listening to today? Whose voice are you turning your ear to? Is it God's voice or the devil's voice? I pray that as the day goes on you listen to the still small voice of God and He will direct your path and He will do what He says in His Word. Do not be afraid. Tell the devil, "No Fear Here!" Amen.

Numbers 6:24-26 (AMP)

The Lord bless you and watch, guard, and keep you; The Lord make His face to shine upon and enlighten you and be gracious (kind, merciful, and giving favor) to you; The Lord lift up His [approving] countenance upon you and give you peace (tranquility of heart and life continually).

Published by Erik L. Vakula
Daily Bread From the Word
Copyright © 2009 Erik Vakula, All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment